Share

Third attacker identified in Paris concert hall attack

Mohamed-Aggad’s mother apparently received a text message during the night of the attack on the Bataclan that proclaimed her son’s death as a “martyr”, according to NBC News.

Advertisement

It was Mohamed-Aggad’s mother who first alerted authorities that her son was probably one of the gunmen who opened fire on concertgoers on November 13, the lawyer, Françoise Cotta, said by phone. Police suspect the Strasbourg group had been recruited by Mourad Fares, 31, who was known to French intelligence for recruiting jihadist fighters through social media and the Internet.

If he’d found out, Said Mohamed-Aggad said he wouldn’t have let his son join the ranks of attackers who unleashed carnage at the Bataclan theater in Paris last month. He is now in prison awaiting trial on terror charges.

Paris: The father of the third gunman within the assault on the Bataclan live performance corridor in Paris stated Wednesday he would “have killed” his son had he recognized what he was planning.

All of the attackers identified so far are from either France or Belgium.

Seven of the alleged group members then returned to France in February and March 2014, and were later imprisoned in May the same year.

All three Bataclan attackers were killed: two by detonating suicide vests, and one who was shot by police.

“I can’t believe it was him”, said Yazar Mesut, a 46-year-old neighbour, speaking in one of the town’s bars.

Aggad was from Strasbourg, France, and was known as a juvenile delinquent, authorities said.

“If she had not helped like that they might never have been able to identify Foued”, the lawyer said. The other two attackers at the hall have been identified as 28-year-old Samy Amimour of Drancy, northeast of Paris, and 29-year-old Ismail Omar Mostefai of Chartres, southwest of the city.

Although France’s Prime Minister Manuel Valls, on national television, did not confirm the name, he also did not dispute reports identifying the third person as Foued Mohamed Aggad, 23.

Meanwhile, the 26-year-old Sala Abdeslam, a French-born in Brussels involved in November 13 attacks, is still at large in spite of a massive worldwide dragnet to capture him.

Advertisement

A French judicial official said Mohamed-Aggad left Strasbourg for Syrian war zone in late 2013 along with almost a dozen young men from the same eastern French city.

Social Video Captures Police Raid in Saint-Denis