-
Tips for becoming a good boxer - November 6, 2020
-
7 expert tips for making your hens night a memorable one - November 6, 2020
-
5 reasons to host your Christmas party on a cruise boat - November 6, 2020
-
What to do when you’re charged with a crime - November 6, 2020
-
Should you get one or multiple dogs? Here’s all you need to know - November 3, 2020
-
A Guide: How to Build Your Very Own Magic Mirror - February 14, 2019
-
Our Top Inspirational Baseball Stars - November 24, 2018
-
Five Tech Tools That Will Help You Turn Your Blog into a Business - November 24, 2018
-
How to Indulge on Vacation without Expanding Your Waist - November 9, 2018
-
5 Strategies for Businesses to Appeal to Today’s Increasingly Mobile-Crazed Customers - November 9, 2018
The end is near for Roger Ailes
Now, several media outlets are reporting that Rupert Murdoch and his sons are negotiating a departure by the 76-year-old Ailes.
Advertisement
The problem for Ailes is that the Murdochs, who control 21st Century Fox, are siding with Kelly.
A final blow seemed to come on Tuesday: a report in NY magazine alleging that Megyn Kelly, one of the network’s primetime stars, had been the victim of unwanted sexual advances in her earlier days at the network.
Kelly, who is Fox News’ most valuable star after her notorious conflict with Donald Trump, is now in talks to renew her contract, which expires in 2017. The suit also alleges that Ailes made sexual advances that were rebuffed by Carlson and that he directed innuendo-filled comments toward her.
Estrich, his attorney, said the news of Ailes’ possible departure has upset some of the Fox News talent who called to offer support.
The claims made by Carlson spurred an internal investigation at Fox News.
Ailes defended her and in a statement at the time said she “is an excellent journalist and the entire network stands behind her”. “In fact, he has spent much of the last decade promoting and helping her to achieve the stardom she earned, for which she has repeatedly and publicly thanked him”, Ms. Estrich said in a statement.
Megyn Kelly is the latest female Fox News Channel personality to accuse the chairman of sexual harassment. Kelly, according to the sources, has described her harassment by Ailes in detail.
“Don’t believe the crap about” Ailes, Rivera wrote.
That Ailes would look to Trump at this juncture is somewhat ironic, given how hard Ailes came down on Trump for his attacks against Kelly following the to-the-point questions about his attitude towards women that Kelly put to the GOP candidate during the first debate.
The elder Mr. Murdoch has been in touch with his sons about the matter and when he returns from vacation in the south of France next week expects to bring it to a resolution, one of the people familiar with the matter said.
Where there’s smoke, there must be a fire somewhere, and in the case of longtime Fox News honcho Roger Ailes what’s in flames is his tenure at the Murdoch-owned cable news network.
Ailes has vigorously denied the allegation, saying the lawsuit is a retaliatory measure for the network’s refusal to renew Carlson’s contract. “The review is ongoing”.
Nathaniel Brown, a spokesman for 21st Century Fox, parent of Fox News, declined to comment.
Carlson also claimed in the suit that her former “Fox and Friends” co-host Steve Doocy “created a hostile work environment by regularly treating her in a hostile and condescending way”, and that when she complained about Doocy, Ailes dismissed her as a “man hater”. The only agreement that is in place is his existing employment agreement, ‘ the statement read. Fox is now dominating all of the other networks in this week’s coverage of the Republican National Convention. “Everyone there wants clarity, because you have the stars of the network in Cleveland”. All three were in agreement on Ailes’ fate, the person said.
Advertisement
“I think this situation could only solidify her as the face of Fox”, said Karen M. Turner, a journalism professor at Temple University and media critic.