-
Tips for becoming a good boxer - November 6, 2020
-
7 expert tips for making your hens night a memorable one - November 6, 2020
-
5 reasons to host your Christmas party on a cruise boat - November 6, 2020
-
What to do when you’re charged with a crime - November 6, 2020
-
Should you get one or multiple dogs? Here’s all you need to know - November 3, 2020
-
A Guide: How to Build Your Very Own Magic Mirror - February 14, 2019
-
Our Top Inspirational Baseball Stars - November 24, 2018
-
Five Tech Tools That Will Help You Turn Your Blog into a Business - November 24, 2018
-
How to Indulge on Vacation without Expanding Your Waist - November 9, 2018
-
5 Strategies for Businesses to Appeal to Today’s Increasingly Mobile-Crazed Customers - November 9, 2018
At Least 70 Dead, 100 Injured As Truck Hits Crowd In Nice
The truck plowed into the crowd as people were observing Bastille Day, a holiday celebrated in France and in French-speaking regions that commemorates the 1789 storming of the Bastille and the start of the French Revolution.
Advertisement
US President Barack Obama condemned “in the strongest terms what appears to be a horrific terrorist attack in Nice”, the White House said.
The deadly attack Thursday at a Bastille Day celebration in Nice, France, is the latest in a string of attacks in Europe in recent years.
These include French citizens with or without military experience as well as former soldiers.
The body was found after a auto rammed into the factory, causing an explosion that put France on its highest alert amid fears of a terror attack.
The video was taken along the Promenades des Anglais which follows the city’s waterfront.
Hollande said several children were among the dead after the attack, which he said was of an “undeniable terrorist nature”.
“Human rights are being denied by terrorists, France is clearly their target”.
BFMTV said the truck “travelled for two kilometers ploughing people”.
Estrosi confirmed to BFM TV that the driver fired on the crowd before being killed by police.
Eighty were killed, a French interior minister.
Over the past week, France had been breathing a sigh of relief after successfully hosting the month-long Euro 2016 football championship, which passed off without incident despite fears of attacks.
He said 75 people were dead after the truck sped along the pavement fronting the Mediterranean, before being stopped by police after “mowing down several hundred people”.
Writing online, Nice Matin journalist Damien Allemand who was at the waterside said the fireworks display had finished and the crowd had got up to leave when they heard a noise and cries. About 100 people were injured, officials said.
Nearly exactly eight months ago Islamic State militants killed 130 people in Paris on November 13, the bloodiest in a number of attacks in France and Belgium in the past two years.
“France is badly hit”, Hollande said, adding that “we need to do everything we can to fight against” such attacks. “Heard noises, cries that I will never forget”.
Nice prosecutor Jean-Michel Prette said bodies were strewn about along the road.
Hollande will convene a previously announced defense council and then travel to Nice to support the coastal city.
Advertisement
One eyewitness told BFM TV: “Everyone was calling run, run, run there’s an attack run, run, run”.