Share

Confirmed: Alden Ehrenreich to play Han Solo in ‘Star Wars’ spin-off

The stand-alone Han Solo film, expected to be titled “Han Solo: A Star Wars Story”, is in the preproduction stage under directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, said Deadline.com.

Advertisement

“The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley”, Disney said in a statement when announcing the movie past year.

Filming begins in either late January or early February 2017.

“When it first came along I knew everybody would be going out for it”.

On Sunday, rising star Alden Ehrenreich, 26, was officially introduced as Han Solo in a franchise spinoff due out in May 2018 that will follow an origin story of the handsome, rogue space smuggler made famous by Harrison Ford. “He is a grouchy, cynical guy with the biggest heart in the galaxy”.

“We thought this was the hardest casting challenge of all time. Maybe they will add it in post”.

“I really don’t like looking at myself in giant-size now”, she said.

Harrison Ford, now 73, played the character in the original “Star Wars” movies. The coolest part was I went on the Falcon for a chemistry test with Chewbacca.

Alden himself, who previously appeared in the Coen brothers’ Hail, Caesar! with George Clooney and Jennifer Aniston, was at the panel and shared that he auditioned for 6 months.

Lord and Miller, like Rian Johnson, will be shooting at Pinewood Studios in the UK. They’ll make up for it when Episode VIII hits, though, as they both have cameos in that one alongside Rogue One director Gareth Edwards.

Advertisement

He appeared at Star Wars Celebration Europe to promote a movie now known only as Untitled Star Wars Han Solo Anthology Film.

Star Wars: Episode VIII will feature Han Solo's funeral, Carrie Fisher lets slip — and eight more revelations