-
Tips for becoming a good boxer - November 6, 2020
-
7 expert tips for making your hens night a memorable one - November 6, 2020
-
5 reasons to host your Christmas party on a cruise boat - November 6, 2020
-
What to do when you’re charged with a crime - November 6, 2020
-
Should you get one or multiple dogs? Here’s all you need to know - November 3, 2020
-
A Guide: How to Build Your Very Own Magic Mirror - February 14, 2019
-
Our Top Inspirational Baseball Stars - November 24, 2018
-
Five Tech Tools That Will Help You Turn Your Blog into a Business - November 24, 2018
-
How to Indulge on Vacation without Expanding Your Waist - November 9, 2018
-
5 Strategies for Businesses to Appeal to Today’s Increasingly Mobile-Crazed Customers - November 9, 2018
Conor McGregor Next Fight: Rematch vs. Jose Aldo Likely For 2016
The astonishing finish came as Aldo charged forwards aiming a right punch that McGregor evaded, and the Irishman whipped a straight left hand that clattered against the Brazilian’s jaw.
Advertisement
The UFC announced following McGregor’s first-punch technical-knockout victory over the former 10-years-unbeaten, No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter Aldo that McGregor (19-2) will have either option. The loquacious Irish brawler goaded Aldo throughout the promotion of their delayed bout, only to back up every word he said.
It was fast and convincing, a staggering ending to dominant champion-Aldo, a 29-year-old jiu-jitsu specialist, had been considered the UFC’s top pound-for-pound fighter. It’s a new era. “I’ve got to be ready for that, but I’m hoping for the best”. “It will all be over soon'”.
Congratulations to the staff at the UFC on a historic week in the sports history and an incredible 2015 for the company.
‘I’ve put in a hell of a lot of work this year, it’s been a insane, crazy year for me. “I’m only warming up”, McGregor said.
“I’ll tell you one thing that isn’t happening: If I go up to that lightweight division, there’s no way in hell that I’m vacating my belt”, he said during his post-UFC 194 press conference.
He said: “Jose has been a phenomonal champion, my respect to Jose, I wish him well, and it’s on to the next chapter”.
“It feels attractive. I’ve dreamt this so much, so clearly, so precisely and so frequently that it’s manifested itself into reality. It’s done. He has already lost”. I am forever blown away by the support of my country.
It was a spectacular day for Irish fans all around with parties continuing both at home and in Las Vegas – where thousands of fans took over the pubs and clubs in the Nevada city.
The match up, which was the most lucrative in the history of MMA was due to take place in July, however Aldo pulled out citing a rib injury just days before the event.
McGregor took on the highly regarded Chad Mendes instead, scoring a second-round stoppage and earning an interim belt.
Here’s the problem: If Ronda Rousey is getting a rematch with Holly Holm (which Rousey wants to happen at UFC 200), Aldo easily deserves one against McGregor.
Advertisement
McGregor is a box-office dream for UFC.