-
Tips for becoming a good boxer - November 6, 2020
-
7 expert tips for making your hens night a memorable one - November 6, 2020
-
5 reasons to host your Christmas party on a cruise boat - November 6, 2020
-
What to do when you’re charged with a crime - November 6, 2020
-
Should you get one or multiple dogs? Here’s all you need to know - November 3, 2020
-
A Guide: How to Build Your Very Own Magic Mirror - February 14, 2019
-
Our Top Inspirational Baseball Stars - November 24, 2018
-
Five Tech Tools That Will Help You Turn Your Blog into a Business - November 24, 2018
-
How to Indulge on Vacation without Expanding Your Waist - November 9, 2018
-
5 Strategies for Businesses to Appeal to Today’s Increasingly Mobile-Crazed Customers - November 9, 2018
Munich shooting: What we know about the attacker so far
Andrae said there were “no indications whatsoever” the 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman had any links to Islamic State group or that the killings were motivated by politics. No tourists were included in the victims.
Advertisement
Seven of the dead were teenagers.
The gunman, apparently acting alone, opened fire inside a McDonald’s in the Bavarian capital on Friday evening, before turning his gun on shoppers at a nearby mall. He is now dead and police have given a cautious all-clear. But Andrae later said two others had “absolutely nothing to do” with the attack – and that they were simply fleeing the scene.
Born and raised in the German, city he murdered nine people and 27 injured others – 10 of them in a critical condition, including a 13-year-old boy. “I have never heard of problems with the police or neighbors”, said the woman, a native of Macadonia.
“Police at one point engaged and shot at him, only for him to escape”, reports Deutsche Welle. The gunman used a Glock 9mm with a serial number that was illegally removed, while carrying a backpack that had about 300 bullets inside of it. He had no licence for it.
The man, whose identity is yet to be revealed by police, was not previously known to police and there was no evidence of any links to terrorist organisations, he added. Sonboly carried out Friday’s attack on the fifth anniversay of Breivik’s massacre.
The body was determined to be the shooter based on witness statements and closed-circuit television footage of the attack, he said. He had been receiving psychiatric care, the press conference was told.
Police raided his flat where he was living.
Adding that they retrieved documents related to shooting sprees. Data and research on this topic was also found on his computer. Prosecutor Steinkraus Koch tells a news conference the suspect had a book titled: “Rampage in Head: Why Students Kill”. The gunman later killed himself.
At the time the police said there was an “acute terror threat”.
His name has not been officially released but he is being named locally as David Sonboly.
Under the female guise, it is claimed the gunman offered in a post to buy anyone who came down a free meal.
Police will give an update on their investigation later on July 23.
The mall incident comes after an Afghan teen with an axe attacked riders on a train in Bavaria on Monday, injuring five people before being shot and killed by police.
Advertisement
Further details about his illness.