-
Tips for becoming a good boxer - November 6, 2020
-
7 expert tips for making your hens night a memorable one - November 6, 2020
-
5 reasons to host your Christmas party on a cruise boat - November 6, 2020
-
What to do when you’re charged with a crime - November 6, 2020
-
Should you get one or multiple dogs? Here’s all you need to know - November 3, 2020
-
A Guide: How to Build Your Very Own Magic Mirror - February 14, 2019
-
Our Top Inspirational Baseball Stars - November 24, 2018
-
Five Tech Tools That Will Help You Turn Your Blog into a Business - November 24, 2018
-
How to Indulge on Vacation without Expanding Your Waist - November 9, 2018
-
5 Strategies for Businesses to Appeal to Today’s Increasingly Mobile-Crazed Customers - November 9, 2018
What Ryan Lochte’s Rio sponsors said when dumping him
“We appreciated his many achievements and hope he moves forward and learns from this experience”, the Speedo statement read.
Advertisement
Ryan Lochte has lost a longtime sponsor in Speedo.
Ralph Lauren and Airweave said their endorsement agreements with Lochte was for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Syneron-Candela offers a line of skin-treatment products that deal with body contouring, wrinkle reduction, acne and vein care, as well as tattoo removal. “We wish Ryan well on his future endeavors and thank him for the time he spent supporting our brand”.
Swimsuit company, Speedo USA, and clothing maker, Ralph Lauren, both announced Monday that they would no longer be working with Lochte. “I am proud of the accomplishments that we have achieved together”. Lochte originally said that the vehicle they were traveling in had been stopped by armed men, who held a gun to his head.
Lochte fabricated a tale that he was robbed at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro during the Olympics. Swimmer Gunnar Benz said the security guards accosted them after they had urinated behind some bushes and Lochte had ripped an advertising poster from a wall.
In quick succession, four sponsors announced they were dumping the swimmer, who has since apologized and conceded that he embellished what happened during a now-infamous stop at a Rio gas station. The incident caused a furor in Rio, where street crime was a major issue heading into the games. Feigen eventually paid nearly $11,000 to a sports foundation and was allowed to leave Brazil.
“They let down our athletes”, he said.
“As I walked away, the man with the gun pointed it at me and my teammate and ordered us, in Portuguese, to sit”. He went on to say he was robbed of money and his wallet.
Feigen is the last of the four swimmers to recount their version of what transpired after a night of partying, in which the swimmers were confronted by an armed security guard and told they needed to pay for damages or else police would be called. “And my immature, intoxicated behavior tarnished that a little”, Lochte added on the interview. He also apologized in an interview with Brazil’s main broadcaster, Globo.
Advertisement
“All I did was I over exaggerated a story and I shouldn’t have, that’s all I can say and I take full responsibility and I just want the people of Brazil to really know how truly sorry I am”. Lochte also starred in a short-lived reality television show after the 2012 Olympics.